Friday, March 03, 2006

Missing My Girl

I took my baby girl to daycare today for the first time. She is 13 months, so she's not exactly a baby anymore. It was a weird feeling leaving my daughter in the hands of strangers. I know they are trained to take care of kids, but it's still scary. This was a trial day, so I came back home after dropping her off. I felt OK at first, but then I realized how quiet it was in the house. I saw all of her toys on the floor, but she wasn't there playing with them. That's when I cried. I suppose it's normal...

When I picked her up, she was eating lunch. She looked so grown up sitting in a little chair at a little table. She ate chicken nuggets and drank some milk. She didn't notice me there until I went over and tapped her on the shoulder. As soon as she saw me, she did this look, like "Thank God mom is here!" and then she started crying. I hope she gets used to it pretty quickly, because it will break my heart if she does that every time I pick her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment