Monday, July 25, 2005

Cellular Glow

Last night I went to see Duran Duran in concert. At most of the concerts I've attended (which is something like 80 or 90 concerts that I have ticket stubs for), people hold up lighters to create a sea of miniature, flickering flames stretching out in front of the band. Last night I noticed that instead of lighters, people were holding up their cell phones in hopes of catching a decent photo of the band (or rather, of Simon LeBon or John Taylor). It was a sea of cell phone screens from my balcony view. It just reminded me of how gadget crazy we have become.

On another note, the concert was good. They did every Duran Duran classic I can think of, except "Union of the Snake", which happens to be one of their greatest songs. Oh well. I was excited to hear "Ordinary World" and another song that I had completely forgotten about, "Come Undone". Simon was very energetic. He and John had the girls screaming throughout the show. During the show, I found myself wondering which of them was wearing a toupee or had used a hair regrowth product. I mean, what are the chances that out of five men, none of them are going bald?

No comments:

Post a Comment