Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Music Milling

I attended another concert last night: Glen Phillips. He is/was the singer for Toad the Wet Sprocket. It was an excellent show in a small venue called the Music Mill. Just Glen and his guitar, and he was great.

I like the Music Mill because it is non-smoking. I feel so old because things like that matter to me. I hate to come home stinking like an ashtray.

I waited around afterwards, but Glen did not come out to sign autographs. My friend Brandi and I saw Toad years ago, and we didn't wait to meet them. I've always wished we had stayed. We saw them at Bogarts in Cincinnati, and it was pretty easy to meet bands there. We met Live, Teenage Fanclub, Cheap Trick, and a few no-name acts at Bogarts. Maybe I will meet Glen next time, if he ever comes back around.

No comments:

Post a Comment