Friday, June 16, 2006

Rock Star Moment

Last night I met Glen Phillips (lead singer of Toad the Wet Sprocket and solo artist) in Broadripple before the Toad concert! My friend Michele and I were going to get something to eat, and Glen walked by and started to cross the street... I ran up to the corner, ran across the street, and stopped him. I said "Are you Glen?" (yeah, dumb question... I was 98% certain it was him). He said "Yeah" with a half smile. I shook his hand, and he signed my Mr. Lemons CD. He was very nice. I apologized for stopping him on the street and told him I've wanted to meet him for years and years. He seemed flattered... and maybe a little shocked. I didn't see anyone else go up to him, so maybe he doesn't get recognized that often.

The concert was great. Toad did a lot of songs from "Coil", which is my favorite album by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment